Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Mrs. Kim’s Classroom Policies
1. Each of you is an individual and is responsible for your own behavior.
2.This policy sheet must be kept in the binder ALL YEAR.
3. Certain items for this class are always required: textbook, one 1” binder, one set of binder index dividers, plenty of white notebook paper, pencils, colored pens, highlighter, calculator, and planner.
4. During class in this room you are expected to work on assignments for this class only.Working on assignments for other classes is not allowed unless I have given permission.Assignments for other classes worked upon without permission will be taken and not returned.
5. Stay in your assigned seat. If you need to sharpen your pencil or talk with me, you may do so one at a time:however, please do not do so during class lesson time or any other inappropriate times.
6. It is expected that you will go to the restroom and get drinks between classes. You will be allowed two restroom passes per 9-weeks. Passes will only be written after assignment is given.
7. NO CANDY, GUM, OR ANY OTHER FOOD!!!!
8. All papers to be handed in must conform to the "Write It Right" Rules.(See a poster in the room)
9. Your desk and books are not your personal property; so do not mark on or in them.This will result in assignment of a clean-
10. You are NOT to be in my desk, files or cabinets without permission.
11.Extra help is available:
before school (7:30 to 7:55)
after school (3:00 to 3:30)
during Trojan Time
It is YOUR responsibility to get help.
12. No late work will be accepted except in the case of illness or excused school activity (in which case you are provided the
number of days missing plus one.) Any assignment not turned in on time will reflect a grade of zero on your grade report
and parents will be notified.
13. Unfinished papers are worth less than finished papers.
14. Assume work is to be shown unless otherwise directed. NO WORK SHOWN = NO CREDIT
15. Papers will not be accepted when written in red. If I can’t read the paper, it is a zero.
16. If your score is below a 6 on homework, you have the opportunity to correct and return that paper for a better grade.
17. On the chapter tests if your score is below a 70%, you have the opportunity to correct your mistakes and return for a better
grade. On test corrections you can ask for help and use your textbook.
18. Tests may be made up or retaken during class on the next day you are present unless you make other arrangements with
me. Absolute deadline on test make up is ONE week.
19. Tests are announced at least one week in advance. Missing a day(s) before the test DOES NOT excuse you from the test.
20. Tardies - No student will be admitted to my class after the final bell without a pass. Any student who arrives after the
first five minutes of the class period will have to get a pass from the Division office and a copy will be given to the
Division Principal for further consequences.
21. Daily Grade distribution – Quiz 10%, Homework 30%, Notes 10%, Classwork (Participation) 10%, Test 40%
22. Grading Scale – 90 - 100% = A, 80 – 89% = B, 70 – 79% = C, 60 – 69% = D, 59% or below = F
23. Semester Grade – 40% 1st 9 weeks of semester, 40% 2nd 9 weeks of semester, and 20% Final Examination
24. CLEAN UP YOUR AREA BEFORE LEAVING THE ROOM.
25. You are not dismissed by the bell but by me.
Classroom Phone: (785) 295 – 3291 E-mail:
REMEMBER, THESE GUIDELINES ARE CLARIFICATIONS OF THE ROOM RULES. PLEASE ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND LET’S HAVE A GOOD YEAR.
YOU ARE NOT FINISHED WHEN YOU LOSE. BUT, YOU ARE FINISHED WHEN YOU QUIT.
Khan Academy –
Mathematics Games -
Algebra Games - Graphing Games
Mrs. Kim –
Socrative | Student response system | Engage audiences –
The Math Dude -
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"